AUTHOR: BEC OF 'FOR EVERY HEN'
You're planning the day, night or weekend to celebrate your amazing best friend and her upcoming nuptials; and you're after some bridal shower and/or hen party activities?
Well, with a list SO long you'll soon be struggling to decide what NOT to do, you've definitely come to the right place! See below for a vast array of options catering to all party styles and personalities.
80+ BRIDAL SHOWER & HENS NIGHT IDEAS!
1) Buy tickets to your local theme park and/or water park and spend the day testing your limits on the crazy (and not so crazy!) rides
2) Do something completely different and take your bride-to-be clay target shooting!
3) Drive around in some buggies
4) Enjoy an active and colourful day out with a few games of paintball
5) Find out who the competitive ones are in the group with a bit of go-karting
6) For the adrenalin junky bride-to-be, why not test your strength with some rock climbing?!
7) Get your Tarzan and Jane on by tackling an aerial obstacle course in the trees!
8) Go for something completely different and try some parasailing
9) Hit the river and spend the day white water rafting
10) Hit the slopes for the day (or weekend) and go snowboarding and/or skiing then warm up by the fire with some delicious food and drinks
11) Is your bride-to-be a bit of a beach babe? Incorporate the big blue into her day with some kayaking, canoeing, jet skiing, jet boating, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding or water skiing!
12) Play a game of bubble soccer (from your backyard to the beach, most hire companies will allow you to play at the venue of your choice)
13) Play some high tech hide-and-seek with a laser tag party! This can be held at a laser tag venue OR hire the equipment and play where you like (bush, beach, backyard - the options are endless!)
14) For the water lovers, spend the day at the beach before hitting up some local waterfront bars and restaurants to indulge in some cocktails and party the night away
15) Have a relaxing day on the water with a floating bar experience
16) If one of the girls has a pool at her house, why not host a pool party?! Add lounge chairs, inflatable pool toys, pool games, cocktails and music and you'll have yourself an event to remember
17) Take your under the sea themed party to the next level by booking in a session of snorkeling or diving
18) A cheeky show that also brings the laughs? Don't mind if I do! Hire the guys from puppetry of the penis and your cheeks will be sore from all the giggles!
19) Get the giggles (and some cheeky moves) at a lap dancing class!
20) Get those muscles working with a pole dancing class
21) Laugh your way through a cheeky baking class by creating some 18+ biscuits or cakes!
22) Give your bride-to-be an experience that will keep things exciting in her relationship with a tantric hen party - exciting, sensual AND educational!
23) Hire some topless waiters to serve food and drinks at your celebration. They'll even host (and join in) games!
24) Take your party to the high seas and head out on a cruise or boat party. For those wanting a naughtier night out, consider hiring a stripper for the boat OR booking a place for your group on a stripper cruise
25) Want a naughty night out? Hire a male stripper to come out to your house/hotel room/venue OR hit the local strip club to watch their male revue show!
26) When you want cheek and class at the same time - hire a 'Butler in the Buff'! Dressed in less and ready to impress, they will bring the fun and help to your event.
27) Does your hen enjoy learning new skills? Why not book in a creative workshop? With everything from Ikebana flower arranging to jewellery, flower crown or terrarium making, there's a class to suit everyone!
28) Learn who the artistic ones are in your group with a life drawing class (cheeky and creative all in one!)
29) Leave the party with the most unique souvenirs ever by hiring a caricature artist!
30) Did someone say Beyoncé party? Blare her tracks, hire a dance teacher and learn the moves to one of her songs (Single Ladies, anyone?!) and basically own the party as the one and only Queen B would!
31) Hire a teacher and learn some great moves with a hens party dance class. You can then use what you've learnt at the wedding reception with a hilarious flashmob!
32) Learn all the right moves at a burlesque dance class
33) Learn how people danced back in the day with a vintage dance class
34) Nail the art of booty dance with a Twerking hen's party!
35) Shake your booty at an 80s dance class
36) Take a Bollywood dance class and shimmy your way towards married life!
37) Watch some amazing performances on a burlesque showboat cruise
38) Enjoy a relaxed celebration complete with high tea. If you want to up the ante, take a high tea cruise and enjoy the sites while you devour some delicious food and bevs
39) Go out for a lovely dinner at a restaurant
40) Have the dinner party to beat all others by hiring a personal chef for the night (they can even teach you some sneaky cooking tricks!)
41) Host a cocktail dinner party that requires red carpet worthy attire
42) Host a food truck party
43) Organise a surprise picnic at a location your hen LOVES (e.g. her favourite forest or park). Make sure you pack all of her favourite foods and drinks too!
44) Take part in a chocolate making class and eat what you make
45) Take your sweet-tooth hen out for a chocolate luncheon
46) When your best friend has a taste for the sweeter things in life, you HAVE to incorporate it into her celebrations! Make her dreams come true with a cake (or dessert) tasting party!
48) Get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life with a camping trip - there are so many beautiful places around, it's a cheap and wonderful option that will create lasting memories
49) Have a relaxing weekend away on the river by hiring a houseboat
50) Have the ultimate girl's weekend away by booking a few nights in unique accommodation
51) Head to the country for a Farmer found his wife style party! You can hire a gorgeous place to stay, dress up in gumboots and flannys, learn how to make cheese and bread, milk a cow, devour some scones and more!
52) Hire a personal chauffeur and go bar hopping, restaurant or café hopping, on your own version of a wine tour or even on a mini road trip!
53) If there's a small group of you, you could take the party abroad and have the ultimate girl's trip!
54) Spend the day/weekend in the city exploring, eating, drinking, site-seeing and generally enjoying each other's company
55) After the ultimate keepsake pics? Hire a photobooth and get snap happy! Don't have the $$$? Create your own photobooth backdrop and set out a basket of fun dress ups (you will find lots of hilarious treasures at your local op shop)!
56) Dresses, fascinators, brimmed hats and champagne. Grab the girls and have a day out at the horse races before continuing the party at a restaurant or bar afterwards
57) Go club hopping around your local town or city
58) Rather than hitting up the usual bars and clubs, why not opt for an ice bar?
59) Take part in a pub crawl - make it interesting by having challenges that need completing at each stop (e.g. have a jam donut shot before moving to the next location)
60) Why not bar hop around your local city with a bus party tour (add a stripper and/or topless waiters for a cheekier soiree!)
61) Do a makeup lesson with a twist! Take a vintage hair & makeup class (and base the party around a vintage theme)
62) Feel like celebrities for the day by organising your very own photoshoot! Your hen and her girls will have a beautiful keepsake (or keepsakes) to look back on following a day of hair, makeup and piccies! If your group is a little smaller (and you're after a more unique option), why not book in a boudoir photography session instead?!
63) Indulge yourselves with a fancy hotel suite, gourmet food, delicious cocktails, day spa treatments and more.
64) Organise a makeover for the girls as part of the initial festivities. If this is too pricey, consider makeup lessons instead and then you can take it in turns to practice on one another before heading out!
65) Pamper that beautiful bride-to-be with facials, manicures and pedicures
66) Treat yourselves by hitting a day salon or day spa
67) Have a good old fashioned house party! Make it even more fun by incorporating a theme/game such as this Rubik's Cube party.
68) Have the party at home and enjoy a day or weekend of chats, giggles, food and drink (click here for some fantastic at home party inspiration!)
68) Remember when you used to stay up all night with your closest friends? Bring back the memories by filling a room with mattresses, pillows, bedding, sweets and pizza and hosting a classic sleepover party
70) Take your hen on a fairytale adventure with a day based on her favourite Disney or princess story.
71) Host an outdoor garden party complete with oversized lawn games (such as giant jenga)
72) Put it all on red at a casino day/night
73) Run away with the circus for a day with a circus skills class or a flying trapeze workshop
74) Host a themed party with anything from the roaring twenties or James Bond to modern day cop vs. robbers (your hen is the cop, all of the girls are robbers) or winter wonderland!
75) Add some mystery to the celebration by hosting a murder mystery night.
76) Get a new wardrobe and an event in one by hosting a clothes swap party
77) Go to a bowling bar
78) Have a night out at the movies - with a difference - by going to an outdoor cinema
79) Head to the theatre and watch a performance
80) Hire a comedy hypnotist and giggle your way through the celebration (make sure you have your cameras ready, because grandma rocking out the air guitar is something that needs to be caught on film!)
81) Hire a daiquiri machine
82) Hold your own intuitive party and have a great time whilst learning more about yourself and your friends
83) Host a Rubik's Cube party
84) Host an adult treasure hunt or scavenger hunt
85) Interactive African Drumming - for an incredibly fun activity that your hen definitely won't see coming!
86) Prepare for a night of laughter and book in to see your hen's favourite comedian (keep an eye out for comedy shows at your local pubs/bars OR purchase tickets to the comedian's show of your choice at a larger theatre)
87) Save your cash and hit the shops with the girls for the ultimate shopping spree! Don't want to spend buckets? Cruise around local op-shops instead (the get-ups you find could be what you then wear out and about that night)!
88) See how well you can solve puzzles as a group by locking yourself in an escape room
89) Sing the day away by hitting up a karaoke bar or hiring a karaoke machine for your house or venue
90) Tarot reading with the girls
91) Travel in style with your very own stretch hummer or limo
92) Hire a presenter and host a wine tasting party at the venue of your choice
93) Learn how to make your hen's favourite drink (plus a few others!) at a cocktail making class
94) Rather than the usual wine tours, why not opt for something unique and take your hen on a brewery tour?!
95) When your hen is a wine lover, you should definitely include the delicious beverage in her day - and nothing has more wine than a wine tour!
96) When your hen loves wine AND animals - why not combine the two? Book in for a wine tour by horseback
CHECK US OUT ON PINTEREST FOR MORE HEN PARTY ACTIVITY IDEAS & INSPIRATION:
HAVE AN AMAZING TIME!
I hope this list has provided you with LOTS of hen party ideas, making your planning that much easier. I'm always searching for fun, new, exciting and unique kitchen tea, bridal shower & hen party activities, and every time I come across a new one it will be added to this list. If you have any you would like to share, please do so via the social media or the comments section below! (Facebook | Facebook Group | Instagram).
Cheers to an AMAZING party where the activities are unforgettable!
Much love, keep smiling - Bec x
Hens Party Activities
Stuck for activity ideas? Soon you'll have too many to choose from! Check out this selection of articles to learn all about the wonderful hens party activities on offer around AUS!
Australian businesses within the food, accommodation, activity & entertainment industries ❤